Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Purple Corduroy Skirt

Just a couple of quick and not very flattering photos of the purple corduroy skirt modeled on a cold and wet day. I was so cold and uncomfortable in my viscose shirt, that I forgot to take my hands out of my pockets, turn around or do anything sensible to actually demonstrate the fit; I just stood there thinking how cold I am and let's get over with these pictures and go home - and thus the sorry result. Better pictures come spring :)))

Overall I like the pattern and the finished skirt, and I love the color. However, I am not sure this is my style. The skirt is very trapezoid and originally it is designed very short - I elongated it by 5 cm, and I am short. However, this type of skirt has to be short, otherwise it becomes too wide at the hem. And I don't wear so short skirts anymore - thus not my style.

I managed to find the type of jeans metal buttons with rivets I was looking for and I am very pleased that I was able to install them with a simple hammer and that they suit the skirt. Now that I look at the pictures, I think I should have styled the buttoned up skirt with a blouse and not a button up shirt, but anyway. As I said, these are just a couple of quick pictures, it is definitely not the weather for short skirts outsides right now :)

Pattern: Burda 6252
Size: 34
Fabric: cotton corduroy, viscose for Hong Kong seam binding, acetate lining
Time to make: 10 days


2 comments:

  1. Добро цветово съчетание на блузата и полата,ефектни големи джобове и копчета.Комплекта ми харесва много.

    ReplyDelete