Monday, December 13, 2021

Work In Progress: Chocolate Sweater

A sneak peek in my other project bag :)

This is a work-in-progress, a sweater, actually - I hadn't knitted sweaters this year since early February, when I finished my Chaika. 

The yarn is my own dye work, I have only three balls, 100 g each and the yarn has been long discontinued, so I have to make do with what I have. That is why I am knitting all parts simultaneously, keeping track of the amount of yarn I am left. The pattern is my own design, a simple boxy thing with grown slanting shoulders and added sleeves without sleeve caps.

Because the yarn is hand-dyed, as hard as I tried, I couldn't make it identical and the three skeins came out in different shades. It shows, less in real life than under the flashlight of the camera. Anyhow, I've decided I'll knit it up and live with the differences. I could have alternated skeins, but not only alternating is difficult and slow, but it also creates stripes and I was not sure I would have liked that either.

I have only one cast off element - one of the sleeves and the front is probably long enough up to the underarms. I hope I'll be able to finish it till the end of the year, but we'll see, I have many other ongoing projects as well.

And another sneak peek - I finished my skirt yesterday. Today was a rather busy, plus cold and wet day, but I hope to be able to take a few modeled pictures of it tomorrow. So don't forget to check it out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment