Friday, December 17, 2021

Orange Marmalade Cake

Several years ago we found an orange marmalade brand in our local Lidl, that was very aromatic and excellent for putting into cakes and sweets. I had a favourite cake recipe I used to bake then with this jam. I don't remember it and whether it was my improvisation or I had read it somewhere, but I remember making this type of cake several times and it was a big success with family and friends.

And then, as it often happens with some recipes, I forgot about it. Recently husband brought home a jar of the same orange marmalade with a request for some orange cake. I looked at some recipes on the Internet, none grabbed me, so I decided to try something on my own, having been baking fruit cakes for many, many years now. I am really pleased with this latest one and this time I am putting it down to have it at hand when needed.

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • 150 g sugar
  • 200 g yogurt
  • 60 g vegetable oil
  • 220 g flour
  • 10 g baking powder
  • 180 g orange marmalade
  • 50 g sugared lemon peel
  • 50 g walnuts
  • 30 g dry kumquats

Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the yogurt, oil and flour with baking powder. Mix into a batter. Add the marmalade, nuts and dried fruit. Pour into a baking form and bake for about 30 min in a preheated oven at 180C. The cake is moist, sweet and very, very aromatic. Enjoy with your coffee or tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment