Just a few quick photos of one of the two blouses I recently sewed for Gaby. About ten days ago I went fabric shopping and returned with five new pieces of fabric. I've been almost evangelical to sewing them up from all of the new patterns that I bought - I don't want them to fall into oblivion like many other pieces of fabric in my fabric stash.
The material is cotton jersey, soft, stretchy and sweet. I was hesitating about two Burda T-shirt patterns and decided to cut out stencils and try them on the fabric. In the end I chose in favour of the long sleeve, mostly because it is the end of August and, you know, winter is coming :)
Because Gaby is not here to try the blouse, I decided to cheat a bit on the fit - a added an elastic thread into the wrap, to make sure it wouldn't gape on her. I do hope she will like it and wear it, I think it's a nice pattern.