Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Wrap Blouse

Just a few quick photos of one of the two blouses I recently sewed for Gaby. About ten days ago I went fabric shopping and returned with five new pieces of fabric. I've been almost evangelical to sewing them up from all of the new patterns that I bought - I don't want them to fall into oblivion like many other pieces of fabric in my fabric stash.


 The material is cotton jersey, soft, stretchy and sweet. I was hesitating about two Burda T-shirt patterns and decided to cut out stencils and try them on the fabric. In the end I chose in favour of the long sleeve, mostly because it is the end of August and, you know, winter is coming :)

The pattern is Burda #116 from 02 / 2020, a raglan sleeve blouse with a wrap detail and gatherings at the waist and below the shoulders. It is casual enough to be worn daily, but with interesting details that make it something more than a simple long sleeve. 


 Because Gaby is not here to try the blouse, I decided to cheat a bit on the fit - a added an elastic thread into the wrap, to make sure it wouldn't gape on her. I do hope she will like it and wear it, I think it's a nice pattern.

Size: 34 (downsized from 36 in reference to 38)
Fabric: cotton jersey
Time to make: 3 days

 


1 comment:

  1. A lovely wrap top. I love the romantic and vintage vibe of the print.

    ReplyDelete