Friday, December 3, 2021

Welcome Lucy

Say hello to Lucy - my new sewing helper :)

A tailor's dummy had been on my wish list this year, as my sewing skills gradually began to grow and I felt closer to making more complicated clothes, taking days of tailoring and testing. I also hope Lucy will be of help not only for sewing of clothes but also for modelling them, especially when I sew for Gaby.

Lucy came home from Amazon.de, as a birthday present from my lovely husband. She is from Germany, from a Berlin based retailor and the story of her acquisition is riddled with buyer - seller exchanged messages in English and German, the translation of some of which involved even Gaby's lovely boyfriend, as a native speaker, as something was clearly missing in the communication with the seller, transportation back and forth between Sofia and Berlin and other such unpleasantness. In other words, the seller sent us Lucy in the wrong size (L instead of XS), bluntly refused to acknowledge his mistake and to cover the additional transportation costs. In the end we decided to accept the replacement of the dummy at our expense and be done and finished with it - frankly, as I get older, the less I value money compared to peace and quiet.

Apart from the above vicissitudes, I am actually very happy with my Lucy. She is exactly my measurements at the shoulders, bust and waist, and just a little flatter than me at the back bottoms, as I am a bit more mature and endowed in this area :) I have taken out some pieces of fabric and a pattern and I plan to finally put it into use this weekend.

On something completely different - it was 14C !!! today and most of the snow in the park melted.The heavy wet snow, however, took its due and quite a lot of branches and several entire trees have been broken in the park and in the green areas around our building.


No comments:

Post a Comment