Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Rhapsody with Fancy Sleeves

The last of my hand-made Christmas presents for family members - a Rhapsody Blouse for Gaby with some interesting fancy sleeves.

Of course, I finished it a few days before Christmas and it was among the wrapped presents under the Christmas tree, but we only managed to take a few pictures of it literally minutes before Gaby left back for Vienna.

The fabric is some polyester crepe, which I chose exclusively for its non wrinkle qualities. As much as I dislike polyester, lately I am beginning to appreciate the ITYs and the crepe fabrics for blouses and Gaby complained that she was frustrated with the always wrinkled viscose Rhapsodies I made for her last year.

The choice of the Rhapsody pattern was really a bit because of convenience - what I was actually interested in making were the sleeves with the double elastic. However, they needed a blouse to be part of, and as I have the Rhapsody already customized for Gaby's height and preferences, it became the body of the blouse. 

All of my seams are French seams, including the armhole seams. I added two centimeters to the neck opening to make it less gaping, shortened the body 2 cm above the waist and additionally shortened the length of the blouse below the waist (by 2 cm?).

Pattern: Rhapsody by Love Notions 
Size: XS, modified
Fabric: polyester crepe
Time to make: 3 days

Overall I am happy with the final result, I only wish the fabric wasn't so transparent; it did look a bit more substantial in the roll at the shop. I am definitely going to try this sleeve modification on the Rhapsody again, next time with longer sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment