Saturday, December 3, 2022

Gaby's Hoodie and Sweatpants Set

My latest make - a hoodie and sweatpants set for Gaby. I used two of my already tried Burda patterns, based on which I made a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie for myself. When Gaby was home in November, I asked to try on my items and marked the corrections I would need in order to make hers fit her properly, so I hope I've succeeded. Of course, a lounge set is not a ballroom gown, so even if the fit is not perfect - this is knitwear, it's forgiving :)

The fabric for the set is sweatshirt fleece (I think this is the name in English, but I'm still not sure about knit fabric names in different languages) - it is smooth on the outside and fluffy and soft on the inside and very warm. I bought 1.5 m of it and it was perfectly sufficient, with a fairly big remnant, that I intend to combine with a couple of other remnant and make a color-block hoodie for myself.

Size: 36
Fabric: sweatshirt knit fabric
Time to make: 10 days

I made the hood lined with a lighter sweatshirt knit fabric and I used rib knit for the cuffs and the hems and the openings of the pockets of the hoodie. i am especially happy with my coordinating metal notions - the zipper, the aiglets and the decorative tag on the pocket.

Size: 34
Fabric: sweatshirt knit fabric
Time to make: 3 days

The pants are size 34 and they are a bit tight on me, but I hope they'll be just fine on Gaby, as she is taller and slimmer than me. They have comfortable deep pockets in the side seams. The original pattern includes long cuffs and is low cut, but I elongated the length of the legs and shortened the cuffs and also raised the waist line by 2 cm.


All in all, I am extremely pleased with myself and can't wait for Gaby to be back for Christmas break and to give her her new lounge set.

No comments:

Post a Comment