Friday, October 15, 2021

Lounge Pants

I made a new pair of lounge pants for myself. On Wednesday the rain stopped like for a minute and I ran downtown and indulged in a fabric shopping spree. My alibi was that I was buying fabric for a pair of lounge pants for my husband, who politely asked for a  new extra warm pair. The temperatures in Sofia dropped significantly this week and even Alex put on long lounge pants.

Long story short - I bought some 10 m of various fabrics and some sewing notions and happily returned home. However, husband did not approve of the french terry I had bought for his joggers - he found it too thin. Ah, never mind, I liked it, so I immediately browsed through my Burda jogger patterns and found one I still hadn't tried, but wanted too.

This is #135 from Burda 11 / 2012. The pants are low cut, with long ribbed cuffs and side seam pockets. As I read that they come a bit too wide, as most Burda patterns, I cut size 34, the smallest size, though I'm closer to 36 according to my hip measurements.


I made a few small adjustments to the pattern - I raised the crotch part of the pants by 1.5 cm and made the ankle cuffs shorter - mine are 8.5 cm instead of 18 cm. I like the long cuffs on the original, but my rib knit turned out to be too stiff and wouldn't fold like in the magazine photo.

For the pockets I followed again this video tutorial, mostly because I couldn't quite get my head around the Burda instructions.

I made the waistband as per instructions out of rib knit, without an elastic, but I made an opening and I might add an elastic, in case the rib knit proves insufficient to hold them in place.

Size: 34
Fabric: lightweight french terry, 100% cotton; rib knit for cuffs and waistband
Time to make: 1 day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment