Saturday, October 9, 2021

Capri Pants

I've somehow missed to show you a pair of pants I made at the end of August. 

I'm looking at the pictures now, sitting in my wool cardigan by the heater, while it is raining outside, it is 6C in Sofia and Vitosha peaks already had their first snowfall and I feel so nostalgic for the summer. Alas, we are "enjoying" a cold and wet autumn this year, nothing like the golden months long Indian summer we had last year.

The pattern of the pants is from Burda 06 / 2021 magazine. I had a small piece of cotton/polyester/elastane twill, which I bought with a pair of Capri pants in mind. However, I did not feel like buying a new pattern, as I did want to test these Burda pants, so I decided simply to cut them as long as my piece of fabric allowed.

Fabric: cotton twill with elastane 
Size: 36
Time to make: 5 days

Although the pants look straight and narrow on the pictures in the magazine, the pattern comes bigger than expected. I cut my 36 size, but I should have chosen the smaller 34 size, as I had to make quite a lot of corrections to the back - I made the darts there bigger and took in the seam in the middle of the back and also the side seams as much as I could and the pants are still a bit wide. 

 

I was deliberating over adding darts to the front too, but in the end decided that they would spoil the look and wouldn't match the fly front zipper. 

I'm also not very happy with my choice of length and the turned cuffs and I'm planning to remove the cuffs next summer, to slim the pants down the leg and to make them as long as possible, as I think I prefer something closer to a 7/8 look. However, absolutely love how they match my Rhapsody blouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment