Saturday, September 18, 2021

Ruta Pants by Viki Sews

A few days after I finished my wide legged Marlene trousers mid August, I made another pair of elasticated trousers - Ruta by the Russian pattern company Vikisews. These are made out of knit fabric and are more on the sporty side and I've been wearing them quite regularly on my walks in the park or when out shopping groceries. A month passed but the opportunity for a photosession of these trousers just didn't come. So when yesterday husband and I were walking in the local park during probably the last of the Indian summer days this year, it occurred to me that I had to have a few pictures of these, then or never. And here they are, just a couple of casual phone pictures.

The fabric is very pleasant to wear navy blue ITY, drapey and fluid, but still with enough body for trousers. The pattern calls for 1.14 m of fabric for the pants and additional 30 cm lining material for the in-seam pockets, but I managed to squeeze the two more likely to be seen pocket pieces out of the main material and I cut the other two pieces of the pocket bags out of matching navy blue cotton knit, a remnant from another project.

Size: S 
Height 154 -160 cm
Fabric: ITY 1.12 m
Time to make:  two days

I made the pants without any modifications, only shortened them a couple of centimeters, as they are designed to be floor length, which is ridiculously impractical. The fit is very comfortable and flattering, despite them being only simple elasticated knit pants; now I understand all the hype about this pattern in the Russian vlogging world. Summer here is over and it's time to take out the warmer clothes (it's been raining all day today and the temperatures have dropped by 10 degrees), but next summer I'll definitely be sewing another pair of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment