Sunday, September 19, 2021

Movie Night Pajamas III

I am very much a morning person and my most favourite and cherished part of the day is the time for my cup of coffee, a piece of cake and a book or, more often lately, daily Duolingo exercises. From spring to late autumn I drink my coffee on the small balcony, overlooking the green area behind our building, still in my pajamas. 


This year I found a free pajama pattern - the Movie Night Pajamas by Sew a Little Seams, which checks all the boxes for me. The upper part is practically a T-shirt and the bottoms are leggings - just as I like them. I already sewed one pair for Gaby and one for myself and yesterday I finished my second pair. I've been looking for a suitable knit fabric for the pajamas all summer long and in the end I gave up on the idea that I could have it all - a print I like and fabric texture and quality I want, so I decided to make a compromise with the print. The fabric I bought from a new for me fabric shop downtown is very soft and smooth cotton knit with lycra, simply divine to wear and I think I can live with the busy print.

Size: 0-2, shortened
Fabric: cotton knit with lycra
Time to make: 2 days

And because I don't want to lose the recipe of the cake I made last night, here it is:

Products:

  • 2 average apples, peeled and grated
  • 2 eggs
  • 200 g sugar
  • 120 g milk
  • 60 g vegetable oil
  • 200 g flour
  • 15 baking powder
  • 100 g dry fruits and raisins 
  • 50 g walnuts
  • cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg or other spices

Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the milk and oil. Sift the flour with the baking powder and gradually add to the wet mixture. Fold in the dry fruits, cut into small pieces, the raisins and nuts and the grated apples. Add the spices, stir and pour into a baking form. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C until a test toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy with coffee or tea!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment