Friday, December 11, 2020

Plaid Pants

 


Last year a friend gifted me a box of fabric pieces and this plaid fabric was one of them. I wracked my brains what to make out of it and I decided on a pair of pants. I bought the pattern this spring together with a jacket pattern and I have another piece of fabric intended for them, but I wanted to test the pants first. The pattern is pants 113 A from Burdastyle 08 / 2017, designed for petite sizes. Obviously, the pretty woman that models the pants in the magazine, is not petite, because the pants sit on her truly shortened, as they are supposed to be. However on petite women they are almost full length - I had to add only 3 cm to make them the length they are. As I was sewing them from wool fabric for the winter season, I wanted them as long as I could wear.

The pattern is simple and easy and was fun to sew. I fall in between sizes 17 and 18, closer to 18 in my lower part, but I decided to cut 17 with 1.5 cm seam allowance and sew the parts with 1 cm seam allowance. Thus the pants feel comfortable and not too tight, I believe size 18 would have been big on me.


Size: 17, slightly modified
Fabric: wool with elastane
Thread: black polyester
Time to make: 2 days


I sewed the pants on the straight sewing machine, serging all the raw edges on the overlocker in advance. The pants close with an invisible zipper and I hand hemmed the legs.





No comments:

Post a Comment