Saturday, December 5, 2020

Dog Jacket

My latest make - a jacket for Lizzy, my friend's little dog. As soon as I saw the dog pattern in the November issue of Burda 2020 I knew I wanted to make it for Lizzy. Recently Burda.ru had a Black Friday sale and I enlarged my collection of Burda patterns with 5 more, among them pattern 123.


I made the smallest size, adding 1 cm seam allowances. However, as the seams are left on the outside and covered with the bias tape, next time I will make it without adding any seam allowances, I think it will fit her better. Lizzy is truly the tiniest sweetest doggy. 

I didn't have the types of fabrics the magazine suggested, so I decided to make the jacket out of fleece for the lining and recycled jeans for the outer and I think it works fine for milder weather. I have some more fleece pieces and I would love to make her a winter coat too with some plaid coat wool fabric, if I happen upon one.

Pattern: Dog jacket #123 of Burda 11/2020
Size: S
Fabric: fleece, recycled denim, cotton bias tape
Time to make: 3 days

Lizzy not only made a twirl for a proper photo session with her new jacket, but took it out for a walk in the snow later today - a photo courtesy of my friend. 


 

2 comments:

  1. So cute! What a great, sewing finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jacket for your little sweet dog!
    have an amazing day,
    Tiziana
    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete