Monday, May 18, 2020

Rhapsody for My Mother


While I was on a roll with the Rhapsody pattern, I made one for my mother. As the design is quite loose I hoped, with the right measurements, that I would be able to make it fit her without physical fitting. And it does. I sent it to my mother and she claims that it's perfect.


I took advantage of our photosession of the Green Mohair sweater to photograph the just finished Rhapsody too. Obviously, it is enormous on me, as I'm an XS and my mother is an M with full bust adjustment (FBA), but I wanted to have a few pictures of it before I sent it away :)


The fabric is very drapy georgette, made out of 100% polyester. It was surprisingly easy and pleasant to work with and has the advantage that it does not crinkle. I made my usual height adjustments to the pattern, as my mother is also on the petite side.


I had 130 cm of this fabric and even managed to squeeze a little Bailen top out of the fabric remnants (who knows if I'll be able to photograph it, but Gaby already wore it yesterday - so it must be a success :)


I have one more Rhapsody, made for myself to show you, and I think I'm finished with this pattern, I feel like trying something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment