Monday, May 4, 2020

Crepe Georgette Rhapsody


I'm on a roll with the Rhapsody pattern - I made another one, this time for Gaby. It is practically the same as mine, only 2 cm shorter as per her request. I had only 115 cm of this gorgeous crepe georgette satin and I'm pretty pleased with myself for being able to make the blouse with 3/4 bishop sleeves and 1.5 meters of bias tape. And I even made a headband to go with the blouse.


This is definitely one of the more difficult fabrics I've ever worked with - it is very similar to silk, moving and fraying all the time. Of course, I made all of my seams french seams, including the sleeve arscyes seams; the double yoke is attached the burrito method.





I've noticed that Love Notions designs run a bit big - I'm usually an S, but according to their measures I'm a XS, respectively Gaby, who is a true XS, finds their XS a bit roomy for her. I'm in the process of making another Rhapsody for her, a short sleeved one out of woven viscose, and I've raised the neckline by 1.5 cm to compensate for her more narrow shoulders, meanwhile keeping the volume of the xs size, as she likes it.





2 comments: