Friday, April 1, 2022

Flower Hoodie

 I fell so much in love with this hoodie pattern, that I quickly made another one - for Gaby.

The fabric is some very colorful knit jersey with almost zero stretchiness and elasticity, which I had bought a long time ago with some colorful pants in mind. I am glad I didn't make the pants, as the lack of elasticity would have been a problem, while it is of no consequence for this roomy hoodie.


Fabric: no elasticity jersey
Size: 36, - 4 in width, -1 cm in length
Time to make: 3 days  

Based on my experience with my purple hoodie, I slightly reduced the volume of the body, thus rising slightly the sleeves by 1 cm, I elongated (back) the body by two cm and I also tinkered a bit with the size of the hood, changing it so as to be able to overlap by 3 cm at the front.

I am very satisfied with the fit I got and I only hope Gaby will like this a bit strikingly colorful new sweater.





It is the first day of April and spring has finally just arrived in Sofia - the primroses are in bloom and so are some early plum and apple trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment