Monday, March 22, 2021

Knit Rhapsody

It still hasn't stopped snowing and the numerous jokes about the first days of spring in Sofia are beginning to get old :) All Sunday I was on the edge getting ready for a photosession of my new short skirt, but it simply wouldn't stop snowing - a heavy, wet snow, that initially melted, but gradually began to pile and pack, closing some of the main mountain passes of the country.

So, instead of modeled pictures of my sewing, a few birds on the branches of the plum tree in front of our balcony - and the poor tree was just beginning to bloom :(


And my latest make - a rayon knit Rhapsody. This is my sixth (!!!) Rhapsody blouse, a pattern by Love Notions, and my first, made out of knit fabric. I had to modify the pattern significantly, as the smallest size SX is rather large, and the recommendation for knit fabrics is to go down one size. But what do you do when you have no where lower to go - you improvise.

Made on the overlocker, with a single layer yoke and a simple round neckline, it is more of a fancy comfortable t-shirt, than a dress-up blouse, as my other Rhapsodies. And because of the cold weather this time I chose the full length bishop sleeves - Gaby said enough with 3/4 sleeves :). 

Again, only a few flat shots of the front and the back of the blouse, I hope to have more decent photos of it later, when spring actually comes here.




1 comment: