Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Mandy Boat Tee

Another striped tee I made this weekend. The pattern is the very popular free Tessuti pattern - Mandy Boat Tee.

The pattern provides four sizes, each of which covers two sub-sizes. I printed the smallest size - XXS and XS, and as my fabric is rather stiff cotton knit without lycra, not very fluid and with limited stretch, I reduced the width of the body by additional 6 cm (-1.5 cm out of each front and back piece).

Pattern: Mandy Boat Tee by Tessuti
Size: 1 (xxs and xs), reduced by 6 cm in width, 2 cm in length
Fabric: striped cotton jersey
Thread: white polyester
Time to make: 3 days


One of the features of this pattern I liked most is the boat neck - this pattern is made for stripes, look at that chevron! The instructions provide an extensive pictorial tutorial on how to make the tee and, as the pattern is very popular, there are also a lot of makers' photos and videos around the web.

Although the weather is getting colder and winter is coming :), I chose the 3/4 length sleeves - to me they seem more consistent with the wide boxy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment