Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Burda 6990 B Raglan Sweater

I finally sewed one of the Burda patterns for knit fabrics I bought recently - this is Burda 6990 basic raglan sweater, featuring 5 different necklines. And I liked so much the result that I made a second one out of the same fabric for my daughter.


I  chose view B - boat neckline and the smallest size - 34. However, this pattern runs really big and this XS is truly just an S - with more than enough ease around the body and the sleeves. I shortened the pattern a little above and below the waist, as I usually do. I also a bit modified the finishing of the neckline - I did a sort of a bias binding with a 3.5 cm wide band of the same knit fabric.

Size: 34 and 32, shortened
Fabric: cotton jersey, 2.2 m
Thread: black polyester
Time to make:  5 days for both tees



As I mentioned, after I made the size 34 for myself, I downsized the pattern to 32 and made an identical, but a bit narrower sweater for Gaby. This cotton jersey is very soft and stretchy and this is currently one of my most favorite blouses.

And of course, I added my personalized labels - these are actually quite necessary for boat neck T-shirts, as the difference between the front and the back is rather subtle.


1 comment: