Sunday, May 5, 2019

Odyssey Shawl


Yesterday we hiked again to one of my most favourite places in the world - Lake Pchelina and I took advantage of the beautiful scenery to photo shoot my latest shawl - Odyssey by Joji Locatelli.
Initially the shawl was meant as a present, but Gaby liked it so much that I decided that it would be wiser to gift it to someone who really wanted it, so it is for her.


As my yarn is different from what the pattern calls for and I wanted to use up all of the 200 g I dyed for the shawl, I didn't follow strictly the pattern and made my straps of garter stitch in between the lace straps wider. And I'm so proud that I was able to calculate it so that finishing the last picot bind off row I had zero yarn left!



Pattern: Odyssey Shawl by Joji Locatelly (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Italian Bobbin 100% merino, hand dyed, in two threads, 650 m / 100g, total 200 g
Needle: 4 mm
Time to knit: 10 days










2 comments:

  1. Great photo shoot for your shawl. I like how the color is casual and can be worn about anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this feature about Joji's shawls - they are very simple, yet stylish and in a neutral color one can accessorize them to everything.

      Delete