Tuesday, July 24, 2018

FO: Murder She Wrote Socks

And another pair of my Christmas presents socks is done - my husband's Murder She Wrote socks.


For these socks I wound the yarn in a ball and dyed it red from one end and then wound it again and dyed it black from the other end. If I had to do it again, I would dye the entire ball red (or buy red yarn) and cover some of the yarn with black for a more dramatic effect. Though I'm not sure if the red could be covered that solidly with black. I should experiment probably :)


Pattern: Broken Rib Socks (didn't use any particular pattern, just the broken rib over the usual number of stitches for my husband's socks)
Yarn: Alize Superwash, 75 g, hand dyed
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: several days while watching the final games of the World Cup, alternating the socks with other projects


I took advantage of our hike on Vitosha to take pictures of them on hubby's feet






Now that they have been photographed, I can wash them, block them and tuck them away to be gifted when the time comes :) True, they won't be a surprise, but dyeing the yarn and knitting them secretly would have been too much of a hustle, I believe it is the effort and love that matters.


1 comment: