Friday, July 20, 2018

M&M Socks

Last month I dyed three sock skeins - two for my mom and one for me. Mine is for my pile of Christmas presents socks and it is now finished. I named it M&M, as while dyeing it it reminded me very much of a handful of the colorful candies. The finished socks however are probably more reminiscent of a painter's cloth. I like them, but I'm not as much in love with them as I was with the skein and I think I should have probably gone for a light texture instead of plain vanilla.


Pattern: M&M socks (vanilla socks, FLKH)
Yarn: Alize Superwash, handdyed, 50 g
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: a few days in between other WIPs



Just to add some flower photos to my post - these are the same flowers, descendants of an older one I bought years ago, but the pale one lives inside in the sitting room and the darker red is outside in the balcony.



And these are photos my mother sent me of her socks - Into The Sea

and Galaxy. They are lovely and I intend to play again with purple and yellow.

1 comment:

  1. Fun M&M pair. I like your mum's Into the Sea ones b/c they remind me of the creatures that glow underwater.

    ReplyDelete