Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Striped Flared Cotton Blouse with Ties

I have photographed several more items I made for Gaby for her spring/summer wardrobe. Sometimes I take pictures of myself, wearing clothes, sewn for her, as it is always better to see an item on a person, than on a dummy or even worse, on a hanger. However, I was in a hurry to finally send the parcel, so I just took a few photos of each item.

And here's the first of the bunch, a cotton blouse I finished only last night. It is a pattern I've had for some time and I was reminded of it by its reincarnation in the latest Burda 04 / 2022 issue.

This is a raglan blouse, cut on the bias, with very stylish puffed sleeves and elegant ties around the neck. The blouse is wide, but short and would look really striking with a pair of skinny jeans.

The ties can be worn loose or tied in a butterfly and I like it both ways. I am actually so besotted with the pattern that I am definite I am making one for myself as well.

I used some shirting cotton I had in my stash, as it was the only striped cotton fabric I had, but next time i would make it out of viscose or cotton voile, as I think this type of volume requires thinner and more floaty fabric.

 
Size: 34
Fabric: cotton shirting
time to make: 2 days




No comments:

Post a Comment