Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Henley Rhapsody

Another quick blouse I made for Gaby - a knit Rhapsody with a Henley opening. This is my fifth Rhapsody blouse for Gaby and my ninth Rhapsody overall - and definitely not the last.

There are patterns, which I love to repeat, adding various modifications. I made a small collage of all of my Rhapsody blouses so far and you can see they are more or less the same and still quite different - long, 3/4, short sleeves or sleeveless; knit or woven fabrics; ties, henley, round neck or button plackets. All of these elements drastically change the style of the blouse and allow me to improvise and experiment.

To make the Henley opening, I raised the neckline and then drew a slightly curved triangle opening towards the center line. Because the fabric is busy enough, I chose fairly discrete and invisible buttons. Although the buttons are more decorative than functional, as the opening is low enough, I still made them operative, with the respective buttonholes. It must be some form of an OCD, but I can't make myself add false buttons, without buttonholes.

Pattern: Rhapsody by Love Notions 
Size: XS, modified
Fabric: viscose knit
Time to make: 2 days

Apart from the obvious modification of the front, I also shortened the blouse by 2 cm above and below the waist, I narrowed the sleeves by 3 cm and I shortened the yoke by 3 cm. I also made the yoke single layer - a double layer seemed redundant for a knit blouse, sewn mainly on the overlocker. 

The sleeves are bishop sleeves, fairly wide and gathered with an inserted elastic and the length is just below the elbow.

The overall blouse is light, spring/summer knit blouse, very easy to wear over jeans and sports shoes, which however could be dressed up with a pair of black trousers and pumps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment