Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Navy Sweater for Husband

Hot off the sewing machine and the overlocker - a new sweater for my husband, which I only finished  last night.

The pattern is from KnipMode 05 / 2020, a Dutch sewing magazine, which has a Russian translation and I buy single patterns from it from time to time from the online shop of burda.ru. The sizing of KnipMode is a bit different from that of Burda, as they design for taller and more robust male figures, which suits my husband well.

My husband is size 52 according to their table, but I cut the sweater in size 50, as I read that it was a bit oversized. What I have found is that the sweater does not have a good balance of proportions - the width of the body is OK, but the sleeves are narrow and the neckline is too wide, even after I added a broader neckpiece to it.


My first finishing of a neckline with a Petersham ribbon - I love it!, it looks so clean and professional :) I'll definitely continue using this technique for finishing the necklines of men's sweaters and hoodies.

Instead of the decorative details, suggested by the pattern, I added two horizontal grey stripes to the front to bring together the grey ribbing of the neck, sleeves and hem. I am pretty pleased with the overall look.

Size: 50
Fabric: navy cotton double knit, grey cotton ribbing
Time to make: 4 days

 


No comments:

Post a Comment