Monday, November 25, 2019

Purple Copy.Cat C.C. Beanie

I made another CopyCat C.C. Beanie for Gaby. Last winter I made one pink beanie for her, using the remnant ball of yarn from her pink sweater. She has a purple winter jacket and a purple coat and she wanted a new purple hat and didn't mind it being another CopyCat C.C.


Pattern: CopyCat C.C. Beanie
Yarn: mixture of Italian bobbin yarns, 63 g total, overdyed in purple
Needle: 4.5 mm, 5 mm
Time to knit: 3 days


I decided to take three small remnant balls from two of her sweaters and overdye them all purple. Thus with almost good for nothing balls of 11 g Zegna Baruffa Merino, 1500 m / 100 g, 30 g Zegna Baruffa kent, 100% merino, 900 m/ 100 g and 30 g Pecci Filati Pacchero, 500 m / 100 g I made a hat.

As the yarns had some original color, they all took the purple overdye differently and the resulting mixture is a deep and melanged purple color, which I like a lot. I will definitely use this approach to small remnant balls of yarn in the future again.


Her two Copy.Cat C.C. Beanies - the pink from last year and the purple one. Last January I wrote down my notes for the pink beanie and now it was so easy to copy the hat, I should keep better notes of my projects!

1 comment: