Thursday, July 14, 2016

Almost There

Some real progress on my new Miette cardigan. When I cast it on June 25, I was sure I would be able to finish it until July 12th, as Gaby wanted it very cropped and with short sleeves. Unfortunately, I've had so much work these last weeks that couldn't keep up with the schedule, now I'm trying to finish it at least until July 25th.


Why the deadlines? Last month Gaby, who won the third place in the senior group of the National Olympiad of Biology, succeeded in entering the National team for the International Olympiad in Biology to be held in Vietnam. One of the teachers of the team noticed that she often wears hand knitted cardigans and presented her with these big colorful buttons. And we decided to make a cropped Miette for these buttons :)


I had bought 4 balls of a new mercerized cotton yarn Schoeller+Stahl, Gaby liked it and after some sampling I cast it on. The yarn is much thinner than what the pattern calls for and my gauge is different, so to achieve the smallest size I am actually knitting the largest size of the pattern, with a few additional rows and increases before the split of the body and the sleeves. So far I think it's coming out OK, but with all the work (and all those football matches of EURO 2016 - I'm big football fan and watched almost all of the games :) the cardigan progressed a row or two a day.

On July 12th the team left for Thailand and from there to Vietnam. They are coming back on July 25th and now my goal is to finish the cardigan until then, as Gaby and the other girl on the team are leaving the very day of their arrival for another event in the country. Go team Bulgaria! :)

1 comment:

  1. How smart your girl is! What a sweet teacher giving her those fun buttons.

    ReplyDelete