Friday, May 22, 2015

Jirachi Cardigan


Finally a modeled photosession of my latest cardigan - Jirachi. Jirachi is a free Knitty pattern for a summer sweater by Karen Clark. I fell in love with the lace pattern, but the last few years of knitting proved to me that summer cardigans are much more wearable in our warm climate with only light chill in the morning and in the evenings, than summer sweaters. So I turned the lace pattern into a cardigan, replacing the rib with moss stitch to match the moss stitch diamonds of the lace. I've included some notes on my Ravelry page, but couldn't be bothered to write down the whole pattern.


Pattern: modified Jirachi sweater
Yarn: YarnArt Jeans, 280 g, color 63
Needle: 2.5 mm moss stitch border, 3 mm body
Time to knit: 19 days












Pictures taken in front of the Sveti Sedmochislenitzi Church, built in the 1900s through the conversion of an Ottoman mosque, built in 1528 upon the ruins of an early Christian temple from 4th-5th century, which on its turn was erected upon a pagan temple of Asclepius from Roman Serdica. I love it, when a place can trace its history back in time :)


4 comments:

  1. I love how you adjust according to your needs, preferences, and climate. Lovely outcome. Your daughter looks wonderful in pastels and this ombre array of blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the structure of pattern in this cardigan - it's beautiful. Subtle, but certainly has 'the thing' ;) Great knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the texture and it fits your daughter perfectly! Great FO!

    ReplyDelete