Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Blueberry Cake

I didn't plan to blog about this cake that I made yesterday afternoon, but it turned out so, so delicious, that I want the recipe in my recipe book, that is my blog.

I found the recipe somewhere on FB before Christmas, wrote it down on a small flying piece of paper, made it once in the form of muffins and forgot about it. The muffins were OK, but nothing special. Yesterday I came upon the piece of paper among my German notebooks and decided to make the recipe again, but this time as a cake. I'm not sure what I made different, but the resulting cake is super soft and moist, very aromatic and just a tad sour from the blueberries. I'm definitely making this again and I mean to try it with sour cherries too (as I have them in my freezer right now :).

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 180 g sugar
  • 40 sunflower oil + 40 g melted butter
  • 220 g flour
  • 130 g milk
  • 10 g vanilla sugar, pinch of salt
  • 7 g baking powder + baking soda
  • 140 g frozen blueberries


Preparation:

Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the oil and melted butter, incorporate in the eggs mixture. Add the milk, incorporate. Add the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla sugar. Gently mix. Finally add the frozen berries. I did not let them soften this time, just added them directly from the freezer. Pour the batter into a baking form and bake in a preheated oven at 190C until golden. 

Serve cold with coffee or tea and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment