Sunday, July 16, 2023

Peak Dupevitza During The Hot Days

It is hot! I know, it is summer and it is supposed to be hot, but for us, Sofia residents, accustomed to a bit colder mountain climate, temperatures above 30C feel HOT, HOT, HOT.

We were really tempted this week to go to the higher mountains, like Pirin or Rila, but we also felt like picking some wild raspberries, so in the end we chose the low mountain of Lulin and climbed peak Dupevitza.

I remember a climb of Dupevitza on a hot summer day a couple of years ago, when I really struggled in the hot humid air. This year I've been trying to increase my cardio-vascular capacity (which is unfortunately innately much below average) and so, apart from my daily walks (4-5 km), I also jog from time to time, usually once or twice a week. Maybe it's the jogging or maybe I just had a better day, but although it was one of the hottest days of the year, the climb to the peak felt like almost no effort at all. I really hope it's the jogging and not just a fluke.

Hike info:

Destination: round trail to peak Dupevitza
Mountain: Lulin
Total length: 10 km
Elevation gain: 320 m
Total duration (plus picnic and berry eating and picking): 3 and a half hours
Average difficulty: 3 / 10 


Me-made items, worn on this hike:

Husband: boxershorts
I: lingerie, Love Notion's Tunic, Love Notion's leggings


:On Dobrinova skala peak



:All Saints Chapel. We had our picnic at the picnic area nearby

:The Monastery of Gorna Banya

:As we still had quite a few handfuls of wild strawberries, I made another tart today, with cake base and divine custard filling with whipped cream. The aroma of these strawberries is unbelievable!


No comments:

Post a Comment