Saturday, April 29, 2023

Rudina Mountain 2023

April is almost over and this year it was a bit cold and rainy. This weekend was forecast to be cloudy and coldish again, with Friday being the only sunny day of the week. So husband and I decided - let's clear Friday and go for a hike, it would be such a fun to be along the trails on a workday.

The steep track from the village of Sirishtnik to peak Sirishtnishka Rudina (1172 m) in Rudina mountain is not very popular and yesterday we were the only two people there during the entire duration of our hike. The day, as promised, was sunny with a fresh chill in the air. Because of the cool April the wild lilacs and other trees and shrubs along the track were still not in bloom, unlike last year during the same time.


:The track is short but steep and provides quite a cardio exercise. I'm not in perfect form this spring and I've been thinking of adding running to my workdays, as I need to increase my cardiovascular endurance. At least this is what Chat GPT tells me I need to do to improve my hiking performance, when I asked it, as of course one does nowadays :)


:The scenery from the top of the otherwise low Rudina mountain is quite spectacular, the trail is also called a View to Nine Mountains, as the peak provides a clear view to most of the Bulgarian mountains.


Hike info:

Destination: Sirishtnishka Rudina (1172 m)
Mountain: Rudina
Total length: 8 km
Elevation gain: 480 m
Total duration (plus picnic and rests): about 3 hours
Average difficulty:  4 / 10




Me-made items, worn on this hike:
 
I: lingerie, Houndstooth Hoodie, Sabrina Slims
Husband: men's boxers, Knipmode cargo pants



:The village of Sirishtnik, once prosperous, but now seems almost abandoned



No comments:

Post a Comment