Sunday, January 31, 2021

Black Grasser T-Shirt

My latest most favourite long sleeve! It is so soft, so warm, I don't want to take it off, ever :)

Recently I became intrigued by another Russian sewing pattern company - Grasser. They have a range of patterns in various sizes AND HEIGHTS, and their cut looks to me interesting and with a more modern vibe. I bought two patterns - a hoodie and a cowl neck sweater and in the end made their free pattern - the T-shirt :)

I had a piece of very soft and drapey brushed cotton double knit and I bought the cowl sweater pattern specifically for it, as the fabric had the exact characteristics for that sweater. However, after I assembled the pattern, I took out and measured my piece of fabric only to find out that it was smaller than I had remembered it - only 62 cm long, so it was only half of what was needed for the sweater. Still, it was a very nice piece of fabric and I was sure I could make something out of it!

And as I still wanted to test the new company, I downloaded their free T-shirt pattern. I chose size 40 (xs) based on my bust measurement and height 158-164 cm and I cut the top without any corrections for height as I usually have to do - such a relief! The pieces barely fit my narrow fabric and I had to make the neckband out of two pieces, as I didn't want to shorten the sleeves or the body and there was just not enough fabric to spare for the band. My only modification to the pattern - I made the neckband higher. I've never been a fan of turtle neck sweaters, but I like the high neck on this one and I think it fits the overall style of this long sleeve.

Pattern: Free T-shirt by Grasser
Size: 40 height 158-164 cm
Fabric: brushed double knit, cotton, 62 cm
Thread: black polyester
Time to make: 1 day

 

Pictures from my phone from our walk through the center of the city today on a bleak January Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. What a great figure you have. Love this hip and modern outfit. The fabric of your top does look soft.

    ReplyDelete