Friday, June 19, 2020

Turquoise Jewelry


A couple of weeks ago Gaby was dressing for going out and trying various pairs of earrings and she casually mentioned that she would like a pair of crochet ball earrings in every color. Why not, actually, thought I :) They are easy to make, I love dyeing yarn and creating outfits, so - there we go!


I bought a string of turquoise semi-precious stone beads and metal connectors, combined them with orange wooden beads and crocheted balls and made a necklace, that sings sun and sea to me. To go with it I dyed half a dozen shades of turquoise cotton, out of which i chose these two to make two pairs of earrings, combining crocheted balls with wooden beads in the same turquoise color as the stone beads.


And another pair of simple crocheted ball earrings in blue, for her various blue outfits. I might come up with a necklace to go with these too, still waiting for the idea to clear in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment