Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 Review

Last year was probably the most productive one since I've been blogging - I knitted and sewed a lot, we traveled and hiked almost every week and I even finished a language course. Some statistics:

: Knitting
11 sweaters, one big shawl, finished the mitered square blanket, three pairs of socks, one hat and two little dog sweaters. And I have a fresh new sweater I bound off today, which is technically the first for 2020, but was actually mostly done in 2019 - I only knitted the neckband these last two days of the new year. But more about it - soon. My knitting was mostly unselfish - four of these sweaters are for me, five sweaters, the hat and the shawl are for Gaby and I knitted two cardigans for my mother and my sister.

:Sewing
I sewed really a lot. Not all of the clothes I've done are worth wearing, but I'm learning. My favourite - my two viscose blouses and Gaby's two short-sleeved shirts.

: Travelling
This year we hiked 36 times - an average of three times per month. However, most of the trails we hiked were already known to us and only 5 of the hikes were along new or partially new to us destinations. So this year we'll have to broaden our perimeter and try some new peaks and tracks.

The most notable hikes were to the Seven Rila lakes,

 Strashnoto ezero (Scary lake)

and the two days trip to Pirin - Popovo lake, Mt. Polezhan and Mt. Bezbog:

And we made not one, but two self-organized trips to European cities - in July to Vienna
and in October to Athens.

Maybe my goals for 2019 were too modest and easy, but I met them all. I'm not feeling like overreaching in 2020, I'll be quite happy to continue the trend:
- knitting modern wearable garments, some from self-dyed yarn
- sewing better fitting wearable garments from better fabrics
- hiking, incl. new trails and two and three days hikes with sleep over in mountain huts
- self-organized trips abroad
- Spanish course next level.
- And to challenge myself a bit - something new entrepreneurial, but the idea is still unclear.

I hope the year will be peaceful and productive and that the blog will be filled with new and better photos of my creations and travels.

HAPPY NEW 2020!

1 comment: