Sunday, August 11, 2019

Cherni Vruh 2019

We hadn't been to the mountains for three weeks and this weekend I was itching to hike again. And I am not quite sure why I decided that it would be a good idea to have our annual climb of Cherni vruh this Saturday, probably the hottest day of this summer. It was 33C in the city - I know, nothing much for you folks living in warmer climates, but it was hot!!! And I don't function particularly well in hot weather, especially when climbing up a peak - I felt weak and lacking oxygen. Plus everybody and their grandma was there too, trying to escape the heat down in the city and the trail was crowded - kind of counter to the purpose of a hike in the mountain.
All in all, meh, not my best hike this year. Better planning next week.














1 comment:

  1. Ugh, you've reminded me how I need to get in one more workout this week. I was too tired Thursday and today there was no time as well.

    ReplyDelete