Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Burda #115 2/2011 Blouse

This summer I'm making at least one piece of self-sewn clothing per week and the most difficult task at hand it seems is to photograph the finished items :) I've made a small knit top for myself, a pair of pants for Gaby, a shift dress for me, a dress for Gaby and a dress shirt for my father. I'll try to document these on the blog soon and I'm starting with the knit top.


As you can probably see, I used the rest of the knit fabric I had left from the long sleeve tunic I made last month.


The pattern is blouse #115 in Burda 2 / 2011 - this issue is so good, I want to sew at least three more items out of it.
The pattern for this blouse is quite simple, no darts and almost no shaping, but the resulting top is comfortable and easy to wear. I made some small mods to my top - I didn't add the shoulder straps and the bottom band and I finished the neck with an added band instead of neck facing.
The design element - an yoke, makes the pattern pretty versatile, as the yoke could be made out of a different color or different type of fabric, e.g. lace. I definitely intend to experiment with the pattern further.

A few flat close-up pictures - the yoke, armhole band and neck band. Next time I intend to cover the inside of the neck band with a facing for a more professional look.

The small pleats on the shoulders:
The back of the top:

1 comment:

  1. Fun fabric. I like how you could make this a crop top of any length for high-waisted pants or skirts.

    ReplyDelete