Friday, April 26, 2019

Purple Christina


A quick photo session of the purple Christina I knitted for my mother. My model Gaby is S and the cardigan is size L, so it is a bit big on her, but still I think it is much better presented on a living person than flat on the bed.


Pattern: Christina by Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Drops Muscat, 100% cotton, 320 g
Needle: 2.5 mm, 3 mm
Time to knit: 3 weeks


The yarn Drops Muskat is very beautiful, high quality cotton, very durable and with satin shine and it was joy to work with it. My dyeing job turned out well done, I alternated two skeins all over and I believe the final garment is pretty homogeneous in color. I washed all of the knitted parts, some twice and there was not a hint of bleeding, so I'm sure the dye is permanent. All in all - I'm very pleased with this cardigan, I hope it will get lots of wear from my mother this spring and summer.




I am actually so in love with this pattern, that I am tempted to knit another one for Gaby in a color of her choice. To me this is a timeless pattern.
Discretely peeking under the cardigan is Gaby's new shirt I sewed for her last week :)





3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so good about being your model. Mine would make faces and give me attitude. What a great cardigan for your mama. Love the color; it looks lightweight for spring.

    ReplyDelete