Friday, November 16, 2018

My Latest Apple Cake


I came upon this apple cake recipe somewhat by chance last week and today is the third time I'm baking it - it's SO good (half of it is already eaten!). My initial idea was to make a cake, using the handful of walnuts and raisins I had in the fridge. I mixed a recipe of eggs, milk, oil and flour and added the walnuts and raisins, but the batter seemed a little runny. So, I cored two apples, cut them in the chopper and added them to the batter. The apple cake turned very juicy, aromatic and sweet.



Here are the ingredients - I definitely want to preserve this recipe:
Products:
  • 2 eggs
  • 180 g sugar
  • 120 g milk
  • 60 g sunflower oil
  • 200 g flour
  • 10 g baking powder
  • 10 g mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, black pepper - I grind these together and make the mix myself)
  • 300 g (two average sized) chopped apples
  • 50 g walnuts 
  • 50 g raisins

Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the oil and the milk. Mix the flour with the baking powder and the spices and add to the wet ingredients. Stir in the walnuts, raisins and apples. Pour the batter into a well greased baking form and put in a preheated oven at 180C. Bake until the toothpick test indicates it's ready. Serve with tea, coffee or milk and enjoy :)




1 comment:

  1. OMGosh, this looks so good!!! Your photo of your cake that I saw in my Bloglovin feed caught my eye immediately.

    ReplyDelete