Sunday, November 11, 2018

Hipster Shawl


Last week I finished my Hipster shawl and I've been wearing it from the moment I put the fringes on it. How did I live without it before?! I'm so happy how it turned out, I love the color and the yarn.


I had 200 g Italian bobbin tweed, 75% virgin wool 25% poly-amide, very thin - 800 m / 100 g, which I overdyed in warm chocolate color. I sampled knitting the yarn with two and three threads held together and liked better the two-thread sample, knitted on 3.75 mm needles. As this made my yarn and needles much smaller than what the pattern calls for, I continued knitting and serendipitously had enough yarn for one full repeat of the pattern. And again serendipitously with this additional repeat my shawl turned exactly the size it is supposed to be according to the pattern. One more reason to love this shawl!

Pattern: Hipster Shawl by Joji Locatelli
Yarn: Toscofilati, Erica 4, 85% virgin wool 25% polyamide, 200 g
Needle: 3.75 mm (US 5)
Time to knit: 18 days




3 comments:

  1. Love the volume it creates when wrapped around your neck! Color is so perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Още една красива и практична придобивка, сътворена от твоите сръчни ръце - топъл шал за хладните есенни и зимни дни със цвят на шоколад.Харесвам го!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great color and reminds me of cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete