Saturday, October 6, 2018

Backpack Full Of Roses


My latest sewing project - a light city backpack for Gaby. I made it following this excellent youtube tutorial, which I highly recommend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqztCGuv8wg&t=20s&list=WL&index=18


For my backpack I used heavy cotton textile for the outer layer and ranforce cotton for the lining. I also reinforced the outer parts of the bag with fusible.

The model is simple, no bells and whistles, just a bag with lining, big enough for a few notebooks,   books and a purse:

 There's one big pocket for keys or a wallet, or maybe a phone:

It closes with a string and a magnetic clasp

And it also has a big enough handle to be carried around by hand, if needed:

Autumn is here, the school year began on September 15th for Alex and this week on October 1st was the start for the new academic year for Gaby. I'm not sure if this mostly white backpack will be suitable for her university routine, but it looks like a perfect bag for summer city walks. And I'm planning another backpack, using some old black jeans, I love recycling old jeans!


2 comments:

  1. Лека,практична,младежка с този свеж,"засмян" десен на плата нека да я носи с удоволствие.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific outcome! The fabric is fun and cheery.

    ReplyDelete