Thursday, March 3, 2016

Patriotic Cake

Today is the National Day of Bulgaria, celebrating the liberation from the Ottoman Empire. Husband and I had to work today and couldn't take part in the celebrations, so I decided to organize a small celebration of our own in the evening with this Patriotic Cake in the colors of the national flag.


Ingredients for the cake:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
 

Ingredients for the cream:
  • 3 eggs
  • 8 tbsp sugar
  • 6 tbsp flour
  • 1 l milk
  • 1 vanilla

Ingredients for the fruit layer:
  • 2 big bananas
  • 2 kiwis
  • 1 pomegranate

I mixed the ingredients for the cake and spread the patty on the big oven tin, covered with cooking paper, and baked it in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20 min. Then I left it to cool and meanwhile made the egg cream on the hot plate. Then I measured the dimensions of my serving dish, cut the baked cake into two pieces and assembled the cake with the cream. And finally I arranged the fruit on top - and here we have a three-colored flag cake! The pomegranate could be replaced with strawberries or raspberries or other red fruit. However, next time I'll cover the fruit layer with gelatin, to keep the fruit pieces fresh and in place.


Happy Liberation Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment