Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Wild Poppies Cross Stitch Flower Panel


I just finished the third of the cross stitch flower panels - the wild poppies. It was almost done long ago, but I ran out of the winter white DMC floss and put it aside until a visit to the DMC shop downtown.


Pattern: Wild Poppies by John Clayton
Canvas: white Aida 14
Floss: DMC


With this  cross stitch project I used a more unconventional approach - I stitched it by colors. Because the panel is relatively small and it uses only 15 colors, this method worked OK.


While stitching this third panel I thought that I didn't want to stitch any other of these, but now, that I see my wild flower garden together, I think I might persuade myself to make the Scotch Harebells too - they are so-o-o beautiful and they will be a perfect addition to the bunch. I still haven't decided how to frame these, so for now I'm putting them aside.



2 comments: