Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP - Almost Done


My Anais is almost done - just one small sleeve to knit and to join the whole thing and I'll be ready. My hands are itching actually to cast on the second sleeve, but I've got so much more work, money paying work, to do, that my needles will have to wait till tonight. But I just wanted to tell you in how much luck I was yesterday! I was just casting off the neckband, when I decided to weigh my remaining yarn, only to find that I had less than 30 g left - hardly enough for one teeny-tiny sleeve, not two. And I bought the yarn last summer from an obscure small yarn shop - what were the chances?! But yes, I was lucky and the two last skeins from the same batch of my precious yarn were just waiting for me. I took one - because that's all I needed and left the other skein for any other knitter in need :) And then I found just the perfect small buttons - they are so amazingly matching the yarn - better than I could have imagined and ordered!

Should I confess that feeling it was my lucky day then I went into a shopping spree mode :)


Check out what the rest of the world is knitting :)

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm glad you found the yarn to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is beautiful! I love the buttons and the color is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Много красиво става! И напълно ти съчувствам за притеснението за преждата;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's amazing! And you're right. The buttons are a spectacular match. You should buy a lottery ticket or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! I love the matching buttons. It looks lovely so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely fantastic and the matching buttons are ace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding the matching dyelot after that much time is amazing! And then matching buttons from your stash! Wow, that's really lucky! Looks like a lovely little sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew! That is one lucky day! The buttons will be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete