Friday, May 1, 2020

Burda 6840 Blouse


 Right before I bought the Rhapsody blouse, I attempted to recreate the style with another pattern I have in my collection - Burda 6840. It is a shirt pattern, but I easily turned it into a blouse by omitting the cut of the front and the buttons, widening a little bit the neckline and adding a split at the front. I made the split in the manner of the sleeve splits for cuffs. My fabric is cotton lawn, which was snow white and I dyed it this brick orange color with cotton dyes (a mix of red, yellow and black).
I cut the smallest size - 36 and made my usual modifications for petite height, and as the blouse was also rather wide and my fabric was not drapy, I reduced the width by a total of 8 cm, thus bringing the pattern from 36 (s) to 32 (xxs). I think it fits Gaby's slender figure just right.

 The ties can be worn loose or tied to close the neckline.

 Gaby does not like oversized and long blouses, so this one hits her just above the hips.


I made my seams french seams with the exception of the armscye seams and I burritoed the back yoke.

Based on these modifications, I made a size xs (34) paper pattern for myself, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. It is very similar in style to the Rhapsody blouse and I prefer its cut as more flattering.
Nevertheless I quite like my modified Burda 6840 and I hope it will get some wear.



1 comment:

  1. I really like the looks of this material. It almost looks like linen.

    ReplyDelete