Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Love Notions Rhapsody Blouse


I've been in love with Love Notions' Rhapsody blouse for ever, I even self drafted a blouse, based on a Burdastyle pattern, which imitates that style (to be photographed soon, I hope). And when last Friday Love Notions released their revised version of the blouse, I was quick to grab it and start cutting and sewing the very same day :)


I made the xs size, with very little adjustments for my petite height - I reduced the body 2 cm above and 2 cm below the waist and out of the 8 versions of sleeve styles I chose the 3/4 bishop sleeves.


My fabric is woven viscose (100% natural according to my burn test). I made my bias tape myself out of the same fabric and to polish the look I added metal aiglets at the ends of my ties.


The bishop sleeves - I wish they were just an inch longer, to fall a bit down my elbows.


All of my seams are french seams, including the armscyes and I burritoed the yoke, as one does these days. The pattern is easy to wear, flattering and well drafted and written and I highly recommend it. I already bought two georgettes and one more woven viscose and I plan at least two more Rhapsodies out of them.


1 comment:

  1. I like the lightweightness of this material and how you can wear it with different types of bottoms.

    ReplyDelete