Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Burda 6685 Tunic


This past week I became obsessed with tops - I made three viscose camisoles, which are still to be photographed, and one cotton muslin for Burdastyle 6685 top.
I bought this Burda pattern last December, thinking that it would make a perfect summer top or tunic. However, now that I've tested it with the cheap cotton fabric, I am a bit hesitant on giving the pattern a go with proper viscose fabric.
I made view C in size 34 without any alterations. As I am petite, the top looks more like a tunic than like a top on me. If I were to make it properly, I should shorten the skirt part and probably grade it from 34 at the bust area to 36 at the hips, as the 34 size is quite tight on me.

The pattern features a long hidden zipper. The facing of the openings is done with bias tape. As this is only a muslin, I did not bother with french seams, just regular straight seams and zigzags.

Overall - not that bad, but I'm not sure I like it enough to make it again.

1 comment:

  1. It could be a cute, peplum like top if the bottom part was shorter.

    ReplyDelete