Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Green Mohair Adventure


Finally, after an eon of two and a half months, knitting a round or two here and there, I finished my mohair sweater. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, though I still haven't worn it to test it, as the weather is currently quite hot. But I'm sure I don't want to repeat the experience of knitting it - mohair is definitely not my yarn!


The pattern is my own design, top down, circular yoke with 16 sections for increases every 4, then 6, then 8 rounds, until the yoke was big enough to reach the underarms. After the division, the body was knitted in the round evenly to the hem and the hem is a short split rib.


The sleeves are also knitted in the round, with  increases initially every 10th round and then gradually accelerating the frequency of the increases to every 8th and then every 6th round, for a slight bishop style sleeve.


Pattern: Green Mohair Adventure (personal pattern)
Yarn: Ilaria Aurora (67% goat mohair, 3% wool, 30% polyamide), 1000 m / 100 g,
130 g, in two threads
Needle: 3.75 mm
Time to knit: 70 days


I'm glad my mohair adventure is over, now on to lighter and more summery knits :)


2 comments:

  1. Хубав пуловер,с приятен зелен цвят и много ефектни ръкави.Добра работа!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful sweater! Love the color and the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete