Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Burda Jeans for Gaby

I really wish I had managed to take pictures at least of these jeans, as showing them flat is in many respects pointless - what really matters with pants is how they fit.

The third and obviously most difficult and complicated pattern I made for Gaby were these jeans. I have several Burda jeans patterns, which I've bought through the years. Last year I tried one for myself in 7/8 length and at the end of the year I finished my flared jeans, which are my current favourite pair. Gaby, however, chose a different pattern - Burda 120 04/2010. These were supposed to be straight leg low cut jeans, with a fairly wide curved waist band. They turned a bit wide, so after Gaby tried them on, I had to narrow the legs by about 4 cm each.

Pattern: Burda 120 04/2010
Size: 34, with mods
Fabric: denim with elastane, 1 m
Time to make: one week

 

Apart from being wide in the legs, the 34 size was also very wide at the waist - I had to take the back seam in by 1.5 cm on each side, and the waist band respectively. I did not like the back pockets, that go with the pattern, so I used the pockets for my flared jeans, with the same decorative stitching.

 

Once I had finished with all the mods, the jeans fit Gaby quite well and I hope she will wear them. This is the first of my Make Nine pledge for 2024 - item No 4 straight jeans. I have two more pieces of  denim, meant for new pairs of jeans for me and Gaby, but I don't think I'll be making this pattern again, I would rather go back to the flared jeans pattern, which after a few washings turned out actually very well fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment