Saturday, February 3, 2024

NyHavn Canal in Copenhagen

My first paint-by-numbers picture, finished and hung on the wall :)

To my utter shame, I bought the set of canvas, brushes and paints two years ago, but only at the beginning of this year I found the desire to open it and try it. As I had suspected, painting by numbers turned out to be totally my thing, very similar to cross stitching and puzzle assembling. Some days i would paint for hours, listening to an audiobook. 

 

However, I do not intend to fill the house with my "paintings", so probably one painting per year would be my limit, I would like to have more time for my other hobbies too.

A close-up of the painting. As I had never had any experience with painting with acrylic paints, the thought that the paints might dry, had never occurred to me. Unfortunately, the quality of some of the paints was very poor and I suspect it is because they were too old. The quality of the set is also not very good, I've seen better versions of this particular painting, with more harmoniously selected colors. I am especially unhappy with one of the blues of the sky, but as a whole I like it a lot and I really enjoy watching it on the wall in the kitchen.

Here are some photos I took in the course of the process. It all started on January 09.

January 10
January 13
January 14
January 15
January 16
January 18
January 19
January20
January 21
January 22
January 24
January 25
January 27
January 31 - final day! The last tiny small areas are covered with paint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment